Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Current Show and Award

I'm very happy to tell you that I recently received an Honorable Mention with "Orange and Gold" at the "2013 Annual Juried Fine Art Exhibit - Putnam Arts Council". The best thing about it is that the show originally only had prizes for Best of Show, 1st Place and 2nd Place. But the juror liked my painting enough that she added the Honorable Mention prize. What about that? And it's my first oil painting award !

"Bright and Shiny" was also selected for the show.

The show will run until October 25th. I know, it is too far away for most of you, but if you can make it, the address is 521 Kennicut Hill Rd, Mahopac, NY.

"Orange and Gold", Oil, 9x12"
Honorable Mention
"Bright and Shiny", Oil, 8x10"


2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! We are far away to attend, but I do want to say I love these two paintings.

JohanneMorinFineArt said...

Thanks Jo! Thanks for stopping by, miss you!