Friday, March 28, 2014

"Diamonds in the Surf", Oil, 16 x 20"

It's no secret that I like to paint water, but I never had a chance to really paint the sea. A few weeks ago Ken and I went to Florida to visit friends for the weekend. I did sketches on the beach and came back with a bunch of reference pictures.

I don't remember the last time I've been so excited/inspired to paint from my reference pictures... so I'm starting a new series: Seascapes. You will see blue for a while :-)

"Diamond in the Surf", Oil, 16 x 20

Closeup view

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Ahh, so beautiful! Looking forward to more.

BJ said...

Wonderful. We will look forward to seeing the whole series.

JohanneMorinFineArt said...


Thanks Jo. i hope you like blue :-)

JohanneMorinFineArt said...

and same to BJ :-)