Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Moving from Texas to NY :( & :)

We'll be moving to Mahopac, NY (about one hour north of NYC) in mid-August. Ken had an offer to work at IBM with a "dream team" of researchers in Artificial Intelligence. The team that did the machine (Watson) that played (and won) the trivia game on Jeopardy.

For everything else we are not sure what we're getting into ;)

Here's are some pros:
We'll have 4 (gorgeous) seasons!
It will be closer to both families (driving distance - within a day)
A lot of new places to discover.
A lot of new people to meet.
I'll keep painting and hopefully I do more wood sculpture. 

Here's are the cons:
My friends from the Austin area will be far away.
For everything else I'll do my best to turn the cons into pros (even the cold(er) winter). :)

I sure will miss that southern charm/hospitality and all the nice people and great friends I had the opportunity to meet and get to know. I will miss you all!

5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This made me weepy. Hugs to you and wishing you the best. Enjoy the new adventure!

JohanneMorinFineArt said...

Jo, I tried not to make it to weepy... Thanks Jo and hugs back.

Virginia Floyd said...

Have a wonderful adventure. Here's a pro: you get to buy some beautiful sweaters!

Thanks to Facebook, we can still keep up with you.

JohanneMorinFineArt said...

Virginia, that's a good one!
Please keep in touch.

Regina Calton Burchett said...

I will miss you, but know you will be very happy there - closer to family, new things to see and places to go... so many art galleries and museums! So, we'll be able to say we knew you when. Best of luck in everything, and hope to see you again before long.