Friday, February 13, 2009

Oil study #40: Belles à Croquer

I gave another try at the satin fabric and ended up wiping it off. It was a no show. :-)

So I went back to a similar setting of what worked last. Here it is. I'm pretty proud of the apple and the reflections on it. I got better highlights than last time, but I still have to work on that. The thing I don't like about this one is the the back left of the pear. It looks funny. I keep trying things with it and it only got worse. I should have left it alone.

6 x 6"

2 comments:

BJ said...

Johanne,
I see what you mean about the pear, but the apple is perfect. I could take a bite out of it. The cherries look great, too.
BJ

Bob Barker said...

The texture of the apple around the highlight is really nice and I love the way you have captured the "ripening" pear - the greenish cast evolving into the yellow is wonderful. The highlights are good on all the fruits; I'll watch closely to see how you make them even better!

Bob